VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2014 17:25:01 -0800
Dorene,

Fluency is actually very accessible, and the developers have been very
receptive and responsive to our needs and requests. They don't make
everything happen, but they do their best to give us a reasonable
work-around when they feel something isn't possible. In this case, I
think the question was something that involves a different work-flow
from the one the asker is using.

So I don't think Fluency developers are passing the buck, and since Tern
Rich Text Boxes have come up in other contexts for me, I'm asking a more
general question.

I'm also not interested in a conference call with Freedom Scientific
since my experience with FS in connection with Trados, a different
translation tool, has been that FS is willing to script Jaws if Trados
developers are willing to pay, and Trados developers are willing to have
their software scripted if FS is willing to pay for access to the
software--two companies more interested in making money than making
accessibility. So I don't think that's a productive avenue, and I don't
think scripting for one specific screen reader, which happens to be the
most expensive, is the way to solve the problem of inaccessible software.

So again, can screen readers work with Tern Rich Text Boxes? If so, any
tips?

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]