From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 2015 10:19:43 +1300
Hi Jim!

The people that have them here largely still use them, provided they still
work. I'm speaking now about the devices not people.

I had to run myself ragged five years ago being involved in all kinds of
nonsense in order to gain funding for the Braille Sense. The device still
works, and I still use it when it permits me to do so. The power connection
won't let the battery charge reliably, so it isn't very useful under that
condition. The braille display has some dodgy dots, so that reading the
braille isn't entirely reliable. Clearly these circumstances would demand
replacing the device, but I'm no longer willing to run myself ragged for the
sake of a few thousand dollars funding that replacing it would take, so I
struggle on and instead, put up with an Iphone that does what it wants
regardless of my intent, hi hi.

73,
Dave