From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 2015 07:23:11 -0400
To get your license, the FCC needs to know how to contact you. So they will
have your name and address, date of birth and a few other things. Their
contact information is put in a public database, and QRZ.COM and other
websites pick it up and can distribute that much to whoever asks. However,
what goes in a QRZ.COM profile, articles you've written, e-mails you've
written, etc., are put on the internet at your discretion. You either write
these things on the internet or you don't. Usually people put more
biographical stuff on QRZ, Facebook or Twitter because they want to become
known. There are no guarantees that anything you write on the internet stays
where you intended it to stay. But you have control of how much you write
about yourself. I would go ahead and get the ham license now, if I were you.
But I am an engineer and not a lawyer.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com