VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2019 13:46:26 -0500
7bit
Sender:
From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

Using windows 10, version 1809, on a desktop computer.

I'm still doing a review of Narrator.

I can say this though, guess what I just did? I just set up windows
speech recognition, just using? How about Narrator, not Jaws, not NVDA,
but Narrator, only!

That's the first thing.

Here's the 2nd thing, and this is big, because it has not been done with
earlier versions of Microsoft speech recognition. For the heck of it, in
Word Pad, I dictated a document, using Windows speech recognition, and
it got? How about 100%, that's right, 100%, and I had no corrections to
do, none!!!

As a matter of fact, when I was done dictating the first few sentences,
I told it to go to the top of the document. Then, I told it to go to the
bottom of document, and then, I started dictating some more sentences
into the document, and, it still got 100% correct, with no correction
needed.

I could be wrong, but it sure looks like Microsoft has done some work
with Windows speech recognition. I wonder if they are trying to overtake
Dragon? But that is just an opinion, without any facts to back it up,
but they have done a wonderful job with the built in speech recognition
in Windows.

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]