VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2018 21:55:40 -0500
Hi: I posed this question a couple of months ago with little response
so I shall clarify a bit and see if there is anyone who can help or
direct me to someone who knows the ropes.

I am a totally blind person who is planning to open a cafe operation.
I wish to accept credit and debit cards, mobile payments and, of
course, cash.  I want to find an accessible point of sale system that
will work for all of these transactions and also do sales reports and
monitor inventory.  I currently am familiar with the Windows operating
system and really do not have either the time or mental energy to
learn a new system (Apple or Android) in the midst of opening and
managing.

I have contacted the ACB and NFB organizations of vendors with minimal
results.  I live in a state wich apparently has no totally blind
merchants in their Business Enterprise program so they have little or
no experience with point of sale systems that require accessibility
for a totally blind person.

Anyone got any hints, contacts, ideas or solid information I can pursue?

Thanks,

--
 Steve Hoad

Archived on the World Wide Web at