VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 2016 15:04:02 -0400
7bit
From:
Duane Farrar <[log in to unmask]>
Stan,

I have had eSet for a couple of years now and I have found it to be
mostly inaccessible using Jaws (now version 17) on a Windows 7 platform.
I would really like to be a better user of the software but my available
time to wrestle with it is limited. Any hints or tips you or anyone else
could provide would be very helpful and much appreciated. I've often had
to rely upon sighted assistance and I've never felt comfortable that my
computer is as secure as it could be if I could be more of a power user
of the software.

A related question I have is that with eSet installed should I also be
running the Windows firewall or is that redundant and unnecessarily
slowing down my system? Actually, I just might have the Windows firewall
turned off because I am running eSet. I seem to recall eSet having its
own firewall.

I used to use Malware Bites as well but I also ran into accessibility
issues with it. Does the latest free version have better accessibility?
Or, is there a full version that can be purchased that has better
accessibility?

Sorry if I sound confused and possibly having no clue what I'm talking
about because, well, I am and I don't!

Cheers,

Duane

Archived on the World Wide Web at