VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 2015 19:56:07 -0800
7bit
Sender:
From:
Hi All,

I've never been very successful at pairing a Blue Tooth device to
Windows, even when I follow directions carefully, so I figure I must be
missing something incredibly obvious.

I bought the Microsoft Universal Foldable Blue Tooth keyboard. According
to the product reviews I've read, you open it to turn it on and close it
to turn it off. There don't seem to be any buttons or switches, just the
USB port for charging it. I'll be going over the manual with a sighted
person in a couple of days to be sure this is all true.

According to the instructions I've read on the Microsoft Help page and
in other places, I pair a Blue Tooth device by going into Settings >
Devices > Blue Tooth on my Windows 10 machine. When I do this, my tablet
says it's looking for devices, but it never finds anything. I've also
used the Blue Tooth icon I find when I press the space bar on the
notification chevron and left-arrow; this icon takes me to the same
place. I know Blue Tooth is on, and I've checked the related Blue Tooth
options, where everything seems right. Still, the computer never finds
any Blue Tooth devices and eventually gives up.

I know from pairing Blue Tooth devices with Android that you need to
hurry up and pair because connections can time out. When I open up my
Universal Foldable Keyboard and go into the Windows 10 Blue Tooth
options, I hear a chime. I don't know if this means anything, like that
a device was detected, but I don't know because the screen reader
doesn't announce anything, and I don't find any connect icons when I go
into the task bar or system tray.

What am I missing? I've had similar experiences with other Blue Tooth
devices and other versions of Windows, so I'm pretty sure the problem is me.

Thanks for any help.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]