VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Oct 2016 03:36:52 -0400
Hi all,
I'm using fire fox 49.1, and jaws 17, on a windows 10 desktop.
Now what I'm going to  tell you how to do, cannot be done in internet
explorer 11, I tried it.
However, in fire fox, it absolutely can be done, and you'll love it!
Here in the US, the national weather service has local weather radio
stations, and you can hear the latest weather, and any watches or
warnings, and you not only can listen for weather in your local area,
but you can listen to weather stations outside of your area. Here in
Michigan, I have Detroits weather station, and Flints weather station
both bookmarked in fire fox!
You can also bookmark any regular radio station, and probably, any other
audio stream you want as well!
Internet explorer is not letting users bookmark any weather radio
stations on the site I'm going to give you the link to, but with fire
fox, it is a breeze, and here is how to do it:
1. launch fire fox.
2. press control l for open web page address.
3. Now, put in this address for the noaa weather radio page, and I'll
put it on a separate line for you, so all you have to do is copy the
address on that line and then, paste it into the web page address bar. it is
https://www.wunderground.com/wxradio
4. Now, when the web page loads, press control f for find, and type in
your 2 letter state abreviation and press enter and it should take you
to the first noaa weather station in your state.
It will tell you the city name, the call letters of the station, then,
the frequency, and then if you down arrow you'll see something called
mp3 url, and folks, that is exactly what it is, it is an mp3 url!
5. So, if you find the mp3 url just click on it with enter, and then,
when it starts playing, just press control d which is the add bookmark
command, and it will say something like bookmark added, or, page bookmarked.
Now, how do you know it has been added to your fire fox bookmarks? Do this:
1. Press control l for open web page address.
2. Then, just type in the first few letters, like 3 or 4 letters.
3. Then, down arrow, and the first thing you should come to is, the
bookmark for your weather station that you just added.
4. Now, press enter to click on it, and it should, start playing!
I do alot of severe storm tracking on days when there is alot of severe
weather, and this is wonderful, because I will bookmark noaa stations
from the west, so I can track tornado watches and warnings and storms
coming from the west, like Illinois and Wisconsin, right into Michigan!
Enjoy folks, you can do alot of cool things with fire fox, and
bookmarking radio stations of any kind, and any other audio stream!
Anyone got any audio streams you think folks would be interested in?
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]