VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2021 21:23:25 -0500
I have the dura extreme and before that I had the 4 g lte version and
before that I had the 3 g version.  Thevery best one was the 3 g version
for accessability.  The other later versions are down grades when it
comes to accessability.  oOn the 3 g version the readout would read
almost everything and all of the voice commands worked.  I could
customise the readout and when the phone was closed it would announce
incomming calls and if the phones was out of service.  This is the most
accessable flip phone ever made.  If Verizon did not turn off 3 g then I
would get annother phone I would just use that phone for the rest of my
life.  Now ew come to the 4 g lte version of the dura xv.  You can't
customise the readout it is either on or off.  It does not tell me if
the phone is out of service. The voice commands still work and it has a
hot spot and usb tethering.  The brouser is junk but the readout does
read it.  Now on to the so called extreme version of the dura xv. The
readout does notread web pages and the voice commands have been very
striped down.  There are only 5 things that you can use voice comands
for.  No more going in to menus or opening settings or controling the
phone by voice.  The only thing that I can do with voice comands is is
voice dialing if I try to say any other commands it says command not
recignised please try again.  I can't check my phone status.  Things
like battery level, network,and signal strength.  I guess that Kyocera
think that this information is not important to us and we don't need to
know it.  They are deciding for us what information that we will have
access to.  I don't like anyone doing that I want to chose what
information that I want to access.  That is my rite.  They are telling
us here is your token accessability you should be greatful that we give
you any accessability at all.  I get the message loud and clear.  I call
Kyocera andVerizon to express my displeasure and great disappointment
with them.  Theese people are proven that they don't really care about
their customers needs with disabilities at all.  If they really did then
they would not have down graded their phones and taken away alot of our
accessability.  In my book this is a major ada issue.  If any of you
have kyocera phones then I encourage you to call Kyoceraand complain
about this.  When I called Kyocera I was told that no one had complained
about the problem of voice commands being striped down.  The dura xv
extreme does have an fm radio it's okay but it's not great.  Verizon
told me that they don't have many phones that have voice commands and
the ones that do have very limited commands.  You should be able to
fully control your phone by voice do everything that your phone can do
by voice commands.  I don't want only voice dialing I can dial numbers
using the buttons on the keypad I want voice commands for information
that I can't get from menus or by the keypad.  If there is a phone with
full voice control and all commands work then I would get that phone.
It must work on Verizons network. Then I could tell Kyocera that I don't
want your limited accessable phones any more.  It would be good
ridence.  What would make Kyocera do such a thing of taking away and
limiting our accessability?   Every feature of my phone should be fully
accessable I want to be able to access every feature of my phone just
like any sighted person that my rite.  They owe that to us blind
people.  Theese people don't belong in business and have no business
sence and don't care about the needs of their customers at all.  I use
to like Kyocera phones butno more after their down grade of the so
called extreme.  I am a person who is usually a brand loyalist but they
really blew it this time.  If I am loyal to a company it is usually for
life unless they do somthing majorly wrong then I will go else whear.

73

n8mnx

Brian Sackrider

very disapointed with Kyocera right now