VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2019 01:03:16 -0500
Hi all,

Normally I don't do any computer work or anything on Sundays, but this
has got to be done!!!

Folks, if you have a gmail email address, you, yes you, can do email,
using Alexa!!!!

Just say, "alexa, what are my emails?"

She will say something like "to do emails, open up the Alexa app, go to
settings, then, go to email and calender."

I cannot remember what she says after that, but my computer guy, Rick,
has a gmail address, and he was able to set it up on his Alexa app on
his phone.

Folks, she read his emails, she replys to emails, she deletes emails,
she archives emails.

However, it says she can compose emails, but we tried it, and she could
not compose an email, I wish she could! When he said "compose", she went
back to the list of emails in his inbox.

But Rick was able to read emails, reply to emails, skip to the next
email, and delete emails.

What she does is, read the subject line of an email, and says, "what
would you like to do now? read? reply? Delete? Archive? or next?"

You just say any of those words, and she does it. I sat there and heard
her do it!

She's incredible. Now, if she just had a web browser!!!! She already can
do wikkipedia articles, about anything!!

Anyway, enjoy!

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]