VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2017 19:52:41 +0000
Hello Steve,

First suggestion I would offer is to get in touch with your local Randoff Shepherd state program, and both NFB and ACB have national affiliates of independent business owners and/or randoff Shepherd Vendors. These sources can provide the most up to date information / answers to your questions.

Now, I have noticed both blind and sighted people using "Square ..." on their phones to process card payments and send receipts to customers via email or text.

There is the talking Vox food scale that is very good though it is a kitchen scale, I don't know how well it would hold up in say a deli that has a lot of traffic.

And I have no idea of the latest on cash registers, but there have been talking ones for at least 20 years.

Hope some of this is useful.

Best,

Terri