VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2017 21:47:51 -0400
Tapin radio is no longer free and I can't find the price on the sight.
I down loaded the latest version to see if that would solve my probem
but it did not.  You only find out when you install the program.  You
get a 14 day trial.  I emailed them and told them that if they don't fix
the problem with the Michigan stations I won't buy it.  if you want to
check out the problem just type Michigan in the search box and go down
through the list and try to play any station in the list infact go
through the whole list and you will find that for the majority of the
stations all that you will hear is nothing but dead air.  This program
has become a very big joke they not updating or maintaining the
program.  They are just to lazy and don't care about maintaining and
keeping it updated.  I have no respect for any company who won't
maintain or update their programs.  There is just no excuse for this if
they can't do this then they should not have it.  Back in the good old
days tapin radio use to be a great program but no longer it has gone way
down hill from what it once was.  Now they don't offer a free version
they accually think that we are going to pay for this junk?  They
changed the menus arround and when you are in the list of Michigan
stations and you find that the station won't play you can't just down
arrow to the next station in the list like you could before.  When I
open the program it says the version and that I am using screen reader
nvda.  The menus are very messy for keyboard users everything is kind of
all over the place and neet like it use to be.  This is a down grade not
an upgrade.  This is what all to often happens when new versions of
softwhear come out they are not better than they were before they are
much worse.  They might be better for the sighted but for us they are
not.  It's like everything just dropped out the sky and fell whear ever
and it's a very big mess.

Brian Sackrider

73

n8mnx