VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2016 20:16:55 -0800
Hi all,

How do you renew your Office 365 subscription? In other words, aside
from paying for the next year, what do you do to make sure things keep
working?

I have a Windows desktop, a laptop, and a tablet. I paid for full
versions of Office for the Desktop and Laptop, but I decided to try the
free year of Office 365 on the tablet. It was fine, but I don't use Word
on the tablet very often, so I figured I'd run Open Office on it when my
free year ran out.

To make a long story short, I eventually decided to pay for another year
of Office 365. I did it in part because Office for Android was starting
to become accessible, and I needed a subscription to use it, but mostly
I did it because I received a 50% off promotion on 365. My point in
bringing this up is that I did pay for another year a few days before my
year ran out and that I know Microsoft is aware of my renewed
subscription because I'm able to save documents on my Android.

Anyway, I renewed my subscription about two months ago, and today was
the first time since the renewal that I tried using Word on my Windows
tablet. When I opened the application, I got a message telling me my
license was invalid and instructing me to go to the control panel. I
pressed enter on OK. Then I heard, "Control panel" and "product
activated," and pressed enter on another OK button, but when I tried
using Word again, I got the invalid license message again. I restarted
Word and had the same experience.

I think I just assumed that, since I sign into my computer each time I
turn it on, Windows or Office would automagically check my account and
update my subscription without requiring more than an OK or two from me,
but that's obviously not happening. Is there a place I need to go on the
tablet to reactivate Office, or do I need to go to my Microsoft account
page on the web to reinstall 365 or to find my product key?

Thanks for any help.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]