VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2016 14:24:55 -0500
Original Message ------
From: "Danielsen,Chris via NFBNet-Members-List"
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] FW: recruiting beta testers for
KNFB Reader
Date sent: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 11:17:30 -0500

***
Greetings from the KNFB Reader team,

Once again, we are adding many more languages to KNFB Reader.  In
June
of this year, the grand total of languages available to KNFB
Reader
users increased to nineteen.  With your help we may be adding as
many
as thirteen in the near future.  A lucky number indeed.

In this round of additions, there are several which have proven
very
challenging.  Input from our valued beta testers will be needed
ensure the best functionality for these new languages.  We need
those
familiar with the following languages to volunteer to beta test
the
next version of KNFB Reader.

Chinese (both Simplified and Traditional)
Afrikaans
Albanian
Croatian
Icelandic
Indonesian
Japanese
Korean
Romanian
Serbian
Slovak
Slovenian

If you are interested in participating, send a message to
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]  Include
the following:

Your Name
Your location
The language/s you can test
Your email address
The make and model of device you are using
The version of the operating system you are currently running
Do you already own KNFB Reader.
Do you use either TalkBack or VoiceOver?
On a scale of 1-5, please rate your level of proficiency with
your
device.  Please note that we want to find users of all skill
levels.

Please spread this message far and wide.  Many of these languages
may
not be commonly spoken in your area.  If you know of anyone who
may
be interested in helping with this project, please do not
hesitate to
recruit them.  Language testers do not need to be blind.  Ask
your
friends, family members and coworkers who may speak any of these
languages.

Thank you again for your interest in improving KNFB Reader.  We
could
not do it without you.

Regards,

Joel

Joel Zimba
Reading Innovation Project Manager
National Federation of the Blind
Phone: 410-659-9314 ext.  2233
KNFB Reader App Support:  347-422-7085
Email: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not
the
characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we
raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams.  You can live the
life
you want; blindness is not what holds

Joel Zimba
Reading Innovation Project Manager
National Federation of the Blind
Phone: 410-659-9314 ext.  2233
KNFB Reader App Support:  347-422-7085
Email: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not
the
characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we
raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams.  You can live the
life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]