VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2016 05:05:15 -0700
The official Help page for Google OCR is here:

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/176692?hl=en

I tried it last night with a PDF, and it seems to work. I say, "seems,"
because I know the PDF had underlying text. Still, I seem to remember
having some weird formatting when I opened it in Adobe, which I didn't
notice at all in Google Docs. You can save a document from Google Docs
as a word docx file. I've done it on the computer, but it's so much
easier to do on the phone that I almost always use the phone when I
realize I don't remember how to do it on the computer.

You can find other articles on Google Free OCR. One of them says only 10
pages of pdf are recognized at a time, but I can't speak to that myself.

On 9/18/2016 7:18 PM, Samson Perera wrote:
> Hi friends,
> need a little help.  I want to use the free google Ocr.  is it
> accessible with Jaws and NVDA? If so, I will be much obliged for some
> instructions on how to go about it.  Using Win 7 and Jaws 15.
> Thank you
> Samson

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]