VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sherry Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sherry Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2016 20:20:22 -0400
Harry,

I'll start by saying I'm not trying to disrespect your friend but something
about this story doesn't sound right.  Didn't he get a lawyer to sue in the
first place?  And I think if AT&T did not show up in this situation they
would lose the case by default.  And legal aid generally takes cases based
on financial circumstances not age.  Assuming all he told you was 100%
accurate, I'd try calling some sort of disability related social service
agency to see if they can recommend a legal aid organization he can call or
any other ideas that can help him.  You can Google disability services and
the town he lives in or the nearest large city to where he lives.  Sometimes
the local Department of Aging also helps people who are disabled.

Good luck,
Sherry Wells