VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 2016 12:52:48 -0600
Subject: [aw-announcements] A NEW TUTORIAL ON THE AMAZON ECHO BY
MYSTIC
ACCESS, TEK TALK, MONDAY FEBRUARY 22, 2016, 8 PM EST, THE PAT
PRICE ROOM:
WWW.ACCESSIBLEWORLD.ORG

Mystic Access is pleased to introduce our latest comprehensive
audio
tutorials.  In this presentation, Chris Grabowski and Kim Loftis
will
discuss our nearly six hour tutorial on the Amazon Echo, which
covers
setting up the Echo, it's myriad features and functions and it's
accessibility from a blindness perspective.  We will also be
joined by our
colleague, Lisa Salinger, to discuss our upcoming tutorial on the
Twitter
client TWBlue.  We will  also be discussing our new Voice Dream
Writer
tutorial, and some possible upcoming projects in the pipeline.

We appreciate your interest and participation, and as always,
questions will
be welcome.

Contact:

Web:  <http://www.MysticAccess.com> www.MysticAccess.com

Phone: 716-543-3323

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

Date: Monday February 22, 2016

Time: 5:00 p.m.  Pacific, 6:00 p.m.  Mountain, 7:00 p.m.
Central, 8:00 p.m.
Eastern and elsewhere in the world Tuesday 12:00 GMT.

Approximately 15 minutes prior to the event start time: go to The
Pat Price
Tek Talk Training Room at:

 <http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rsc9613dc89eb2
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rsc9613dc89eb2

Or, alternatively:

Select The Pat Price Tek Talk Training Room at:
<outbind://6/www.accessibleworld.org> www.accessibleworld.org

Enter your first and last names on the sign-in screen.

To speak to us, hold down the control key and talk then let up to
listen.

You can also text chat with us by using f8.

All of our programs are recorded and can be downloaded from our
archives on:
www.accessibleworld.org.

Please go into one of the conference rooms and then to download
and enter.
Download, run and install our simple software which enables you
to speak to
us.  Then reenter the room.  To talk, hold down the control key.
To listen let
it up.

Accessible World uses News Wires, like this one, to inform people
of the
topic and times for the many Discussion Groups on Accessible
World.  The
lists are announce only to keep the traffic to a minimum.

You can join the Accessible World one way Announce List by
visiting:

https://groups.io/org/groupsio/aw-announcements

or by sending an email to:

Accessible World also provides a Tek Talk Discussion List.  This
list is
intended to give you an opportunity to ask computer related
questions,
suggest topics to be used in the weekly Monday training programs,
or just to
interact with others interested in using assistive devices to
access
computers.  You may sign up for this list by going to:

https://groups.io/org/groupsio/tek-talk-discussion

or by sending an email to:

If you have a twitter account, feel free to follow us.  Tek talk
and other
archives and events will be tweeted.

http://www.twitter.com/accessibleWrld

You can also sign up for the Tek Talk and other lists accessible
world has
by going to:

http://accessibleworld.org and clicking on the "News Wires and
Discussion
Mailing Lists" link.

Accessible World Contacts:

Robert Acosta, Chair

Accessible World

818-998-0044

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: www.helpinghands4theblind.org

Randi Shelton, Events Coordinator

Accessible World

Phone: 412-221-0821

Email: [log in to unmask]

Steve Hoffman, President

Talking Communities

Email: [log in to unmask]

Contact:

Robert Acosta, Chair

e-mail:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

Website:  <http://www.helpinghands4theblind.org
www.helpinghands4theblind.org

Phone: (818) 998-0044

Ken metz, Coordinator of Events

E-Mail:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

Phone: (818) 882-3610

Steve Hoffman, President Talking Communities

E-Mail:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The Accessible World, a division of Helping Hands For The Blind,
a 501(c)(3)
not-for-profit organization, seeks to educate the general public,
the
disabled community and the professionals who serve them by
providing highly
relevant information about new products, services, and training
opportunities designed specifically to eliminate geographic and
access
barriers that adversely affect them

Robert Acosta, President

Helping Hands for the Blind

(818) 998-0044

www.helpinghands4theblind.org

_._,_._,_

  _____

Accessible World Team
http://accessibleworld.org

To unsubscribe send email to:

To subscribe send email to: [log in to unmask]

Below you will find links to view the current message, view the
current
thread, change your list subscription, unsubscribe from this
list, view the
group home and contact the list owner.

Groups.io Links:

<https://groups.io/g/aw-announcements/message/650
Mute This Thread <https://groups.io/mt/613780?uid=6479

Change Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/aw-announcements/editsub?uid=6479
Unsubscribe From This Group
<https://groups.io/g/aw-announcements/leave/11837/828205376/xyzzy

Group Home <https://groups.io/g/aw-announcements
Contact Group Owner <mailto:[log in to unmask]
Terms Of Service <https://groups.io/static/tos

_._,_._,_

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]