VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 15 May 2014 22:55:21 -0400
Thanks to all of you who took the time to respond to my plea for help.

I was able to see these links with my Braille display but couldn't get
my cursor to actually land on any of them when Tabbing through: JAWS
just skipped right past them.  I used my Braille display to locate the
link I wanted and then left-clicked on it with the JAWS cursor.  I've
had to do this many times over the years, and it often does work.  But
on this site, it seems you're dealing with more than simple Edit fields:
One of the links I clicked on apparently is supposed to open a listbox
of some sort because after I left-clicked on it, it then said
"Ascending"; and left-clicking again caused it to say "Descending."  But
I couldn't actually see any elements of the list.  The page also says
"Logout," but it doesn't appear to be a link of any sort - OnMouseOver
or Clickable: It just looks like a regular old word.  Suffice it to say,
I ended up having a friend fill out the information for me, though I am
very upset that I had to do this.  I may play with it more at some point
soon, as I will need to access the information on this site in the
future.  I may also call Freedom Scientific Tech Support to see if I
just wimped-out too soon.

Again, thanks to all of you who responded.  This list is wonderful!
Rachel

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]