From:
Don Breda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 2015 11:05:08 -0400
First off Thanks guys for your support in helping me to work yesterdays
contest for the New York qso party.

I will post my stats as soon as i have time to go over the contest log
and fix any mistakes.

Secondly I couldnt' remember how to record a cq for playback over the
radio. I sure wish I had done that.

I looked at the manual and it didn't quite make sense to me but then
again I was in the middle of a contest so didn't want to spend a lot of
time on it.

Can someone explain how to do it?

I don't plan to change my stripes and become a contester grin!

This was the first contest I have operated in at least 30 years but I
will at least do this one next year.

Maybe even do the next field day which was always a favorite if anyone
can have a favorite contest.

Thanks in advance for any help with recordig on the 590s.

I also want to know how to play it back over the speaker and transmit
the recording over the radio.

Lastly, if I choose to use a recording when calling cq, if i adjust the
mic gain to accomodate the recording level does this mean I will more
then likely have to readjust the output level on my w 2 i h y box so as
not to overload the radio or is the firmware smart enough to have
separate level adjustments for the recorder?

thanks.

Don

w a 2 i w c