VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2014 21:40:19 -0500
7bit
Sender:
From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
         Hi all,
Well folks, what a nightmare this has been, this past week and a half.
I have had nothing but password issues with Apple.
Anyway, because of this, I have left the Mac, and my Ipod touch, and am
now, back in windows 7, typing to you on my laptop.
Here's what I need your help on, folks.
I'm considering a phone running Windows 8, and also, a phone running
Android.
So, my questions are:
1. Is anyone using a phone running windows 8? If so, what is not accessible?
When you get apps from the microsoft app store, do you have to type
passwords? If so, does the text speak?
2. What about those of you who use an Android phone? What is accessible,
what is not accessible?
I'm also just thinking about getting a plain old phone, like the Gusto 3.
I know blind folks who have them, and they absolutely love them!
All I can say is, folks, if you're considering a Mac, or, an I device, I
would not.
If you type on a bluetooth keyboard, it won't work, because the password
fields are not spoken by voice over, at tines. Then, I also had problems
where I typed in my password, and 5 minutes later when I went to buy an
app, that is, 5 minutes after I registered my password with my Apple ID,
it said, my password was invalid.
So, all I can say is, I hope someday, they will be getting away from
passwords, not just apple, but the entire world. Who likes to type in
all those passwords anyway?
So, looking forward to hearing from any of you Android phone users, and,
those of you who use Windows 8 phones.
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]