From:
Leslie Ament <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leslie Ament <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 2015 18:36:43 -0400

Some folks reported eating safely on Celebrity. My experience with them on
a Southeast Asia cruise in 2014 was horrific.  The waiters kept telling me
things like phyllo dough and crackers were GF when I knew they were not.

Finally had a talk with the head chef towards the end of the cruise (staff
refused to let me speak with him because he was too busy) but by then I was
so frustrated I swore never to cruise on Celebrity.

The attitude towards those with Celiac was infuriating...they viewed my
requests as "more work" for them.

When I've cruised on Norwegian, it was an absolute pleasure. The staff knew
what they were doing, had processes in place, and even showed me
ingredients when there were questions about sources of "starch" in breads
or waffles.

At your own risk....and bring plenty of GF protein bars.....

BTW--I do not own stock nor do I have relatives working for Norwegian.

Dr. Leslie Ament