From:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2015 11:42:27 -0800
In case any of you are looking for a good, "less expensive" braille display,
If you don't get "Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday" from flying blind,
Larry Lewis of Flying-blind.com
is selling 5 new Alva Satelite 540 40 character displays for $2295.00.

These have serial and usb but no bluetooth.should work with any screen
reader,

It is an older model, though these are claimed to be new units.
Only issue may be for how long these older models might be
supported/repaired.

In my not-humble opinion Alva displays are among the best for a computer
display, not a note-taker.

I have no connection with Alva or Flying-blind.

It's a chunk of bucks, but if you want a good display and are willing to
take the risk of short repair life, it's a good deal.
Tom Fowle WA6IVG