From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 2015 12:28:06 -0700
With a crane and scissor lift, Stan and a 5 man team successfully installed
the first of 3 three element 80 meter yagis.  This one is mounted at 100
feet, and is working great.  The antenna has 3 sets of relays that switch
between the CW and SSB portions of the band.  SWR tests show that at 3525,
the SWR is 1.05 to 1.  At 3795 in the DX window, the SWR is even better at
1.01 to 1.  You can't do much better than that.  The equipment connected to
this yagi is totally separate from any other antenna.  He will use one of
the Kenwood TS990Ses driving the Henry 8K Ultra amplifier.  With the use of
band pass filters, someone could operate on 80 meters while he was running a
totally separate station on any other band at the same time.

Next week the upper DB42 SteppIr will go up on another tower at 125 feet,
and a week or two later, the bottom DB42 will go up at 60 feet creating a 2
antenna stack of DB42's.  This stack will cover 80 meters thru 6 meters, and
should really sing!

Our advanced planning is really working out well.  We have encountered very
few minor roadblocks.  Hopefully our luck will hold.

Alan - N7MIT