From:
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2015 14:12:36 -0600
Is anyone here using an 80/75 meter Double Bazooka antenna for other bands
besides its fundamental band? If so, how does it work for you?

I have a Double Bazooka, the one in my attic, and because it is in my attic,
it doesn't radiate very well even though my SWR is 1 to 1 on almost all
bands. I have used Double Bazooka antennas for years, but I've always used
them on the band for which they were created, mostly on 80/75 and 40 meters.
I've always had other types of antennas, like beams and quads for the other
bands. So, I never really had to use my Double Bazookas for any other bands
other than the band for which they were created.

I am debating on which type of antenna I should put up here at my new house,
the really nice, 80/75 meter Double Bazooka I now have in my attic outside
in my backyard and trying to use it on all bands, or putting up another 80
meter loop like I have at the lake. As you recall, I am in a restricted area
for outside antennas, and I suspect the Double Bazooka would be much more
noticeable than the loop since the main, center section of the Double
Bazooka is made up of 52 ohm coax. The coax would be pretty noticeable
compared to the black, vinyl covered #12 wire making up the loop.

What are your thoughts? I know the loop will work on all bands extremely
well, but I don't know how well the Double Bazooka will work in comparison.

Ron, K8HSY

Dr. Ronald E. Milliman

Retired Professor of Marketing