From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2015 12:18:50 -0400
Don,

The PF keys do work on the tmv71A.  You can reassign those keys in the
menu of the rig.  You don't need batteries with most rigs and I've never
put in batteries in any of my MFJ297 mikes.

All I did to get my mike working was to raise the bottom cut off
frequency on my ts590 to 200 hz.  Before I did that, I ran high boost,
but then I had too many highs.

Butch, maybe you got a bad mike cause the mikes I have have plenty of
high energy, but the base is strong so you have to tone it down a little
or the base is overpowering.

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]