From:
David Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 2015 00:03:55 -0400
Hi List:

The other day I was listening to WA0TDA's station via the remoteham RCFORB
client software, and it was tuned to the WWV time signal(think that it was
10MHz),so I thought that it would be a good oppurtunity to set my watch
correctly(I know that they're differing opinionsabout "beeps", but I can't
read Braille, and try to be discreet about checking time in public).

Anyway, I set the watch only to later discover that I neglected to subtract
4 hours for UTC difference.

My question is when is   the exact moment to set time per WWV.  Is it at
the first time that you hear the beep after the voice announcement?This may
seem naive,but there's a lot of  ticking sounds, and I Just wanted to be
sure that I'm using the correct "noise" the next time I used WWV for this
purpose.

Secondly, I am going to be placing some adhesive  orientation "bump-dots" on
my keyboard(plastic keys).  What is the best stuff/method to use on the keys
to insure that these bumps adhere for as long as possible?

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

---