From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 2015 21:59:02 -0600
yeah, the repeater is two FT 400dr's in a box lol.
With some fancy controller gismo that turns it into a repeater etc.
Full analogue, and Digital capability either stand alone, or networked for
the digital side.  I would imagine that at something like 600 bucks a
repeater, there will be all kinds of people across north america connecting
up and it won't be just the Japanese hams like with the wires network.
It seems to be a decent enough repeater, though it's certainly no icomm 6000
or vertex 3000 as far as ability to tx all day long at 50W.  Our club bought
6 of them.
Yaesu claims it will do 100 per cent duty cycle at 50w, but they claim that
about other radios that heat up to the point where you can fry an egg on
them even at 25w as well.
Time will tell how reliable these machines are.
And, how advantagious the digital side is over IRLP, Echolink, DStar, DRM,
ITAS and Nextedge.

73
Colin, V A6BKX