From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 2015 02:33:48 -0400
You're over complicating it. The low beep is 67.0. Next is 69.something,
next 71.9, 74.4, 77.0, and so-on. refer to a pl tone chart, either in the
manual from icanworkthisthing.com or what ever you can get your hands on and
just count up settings from there. I memorized it when I had it since most
repeaters around here use the same few tones for the most part but it's been
so long since I had it I can't remember now and now I use mostly all
commercial radios on those bands so I very very rarely ever set a tone
manually except the once in a great while I do bring out a ham radio and
that is incredibly rare. In fact in my current financial state I may well
let the ham HT's go completely.