From:
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2015 09:10:14 -0500
Jeff, what is your maximum budget for investing in new HF gear? We might be
able to help you find some options that are accessible and that we are
familiar  with and thus, would be able to assist you with if needed.

I strongly recommend that you stay with Kenwood  or Elecraft gear because
most of the Kenwood and Elecraft rigs are pretty accessible and because they
are the only companies that have made a real effort to make their gear
accessible.

I have talked personally and directly to Yeasu, Icom, and Ten-Tec about
making their rigs more accessible, and they have told me that blind people
comprise such a small market segment that it is not financially feasible for
them to invest any money in making their gear meet the needs of such a
minute number of people. I even challenged them by saying: "even if you
didn't make money directly by making your equipment accessible to blind
hams, it is the socially responsible thing to do, and it would greatly
enhance your brand's public image among the other hams if you were to do
that." As a marketing professional with over 45 years of experience, I even
offered to work with them, without charge, to make their gear more
accessible and to market their gear. They all took my name and contact
information, but then, I've never heard from any of them.

73,

Ron, K8HSY

Dr. Ronald E. Milliman

Retired Professor of Marketing

President: Millitronics, Inc. (millitronics.biz)

President: A3 Business Solutions (a3businesssolutions.com)

President: M&M Properties

President: South Central Kentucky Council of the Blind (SCKCB.ORG)