From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 2015 20:16:12 -0000
I understand that the K2 has a better front end filtering performance than
the original K3, such as that which I have here.  However, since I had the
new synthesizer boards fitted in both the main and sub VFO's, the
performance has been hugely enhanced.
A few months ago Elecraft released the K3S and are still issuing updates for
it.
I have had a small play with a KX3 and find its performance superb, but
haven't had opportunity to do a direct comparison with the K3.

If you look up the archives from the K3contesters forum, you will see quite
a bit about the AGC issues.  GM3WOJ (Chris) has come up with settings and a
mod to improve this.

73

David W Wood