From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 2015 00:02:03 -0400
Hi Steve,

Your instructions were quite clear, and I was able to find the radio's sound
card in Windows.  I was also able to play said sound card through my
computer's speaker by checking the "Listen to" box in the Recording Tab and
assigning playback of the card to the internal sound card.  This exercise
proved to me that the card is working.  Now, here's my question:

In the ARCP590 control program, there's a menu item that lets you tell the
radio that modulated input (which I read as your voice or some other audio)
can be sent to the radio via the USB port.  With that set, can I send audio
through the radio from my computer?  If so, do I key the radio with the same
transmit button I would if I were getting the input from the microphone, or
do I use the separate keying pins on the DIN plug as I would if I were
inputting audio from that DIN plug?  I'm guessing I'll have to use the
latter, but I'm not sure.  No big deal either way, but I'd just like to
know.

Steve