From:
Eric Oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2015 23:19:53 -0700
hmmm. there is a ground lug that is supplied and connected to chassis ground. That is separate from the PSU positive and negative posts.

I carry 3 radios on my RS-45 Astron supply. There is the main power leads going from the supply to an anderson power pole distribution unit. From there, I connect my 3 radios (TS-480, ™-d700, and the old multimode 2 meter radio TR-9130). right now, I keep the chassis ground of the power supply disconnected. the reason for this is the room I am in has a 65 volt floating ground and I don't want to incur some risk in improper current flow. THe power in this house is original 1962 vintage 2 wire setup with no ground at any plug. I had added a ground to my room going to the main breaker box ground (and thats when I discovered the floating ground issue). so, if I can get some funds together, I can get a 220 volt line run in here (split into 2 110's and a proper ground). that will certainly eliminate some noise issues I see here.

DE n7zzt Eric