From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2015 13:34:47 +1300
Hi Wayne!

I've been a curmudgeon for a long time, so pardon if that shows here. If
he's already proven to be funny that way, I wonder why you'd want to risk
icycles? Winter will be there soon enough anyway, but hopefully it will be
the height of summer down this way. If I were in your shoes, I would think
about partnering with a local friend that has the interest or at least the
realestate, and build a station that you could use remotely. Ideally, I
mentioned a local friend because physical proximity may be important in your
effort, but of course, that isn't an absolute necessity either if you have
different priorities. You can have a lot of flexibility with this if you
want it. How you construct antennas has to be more demanding, but while that
arguably is the most crucial part of any station, the other parts are more
open to suiting personal preference. Why not take more advantage of the
options you have?

73,
Dave