From:
Terry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2015 12:08:34 +0100
Hi all,

Until a few minutes ago, I believed that RNIB had retained the file of this
and it could be re-embossed for anyone who wanted it.

Sadly, I'm now told that the office in Glasgow, where this work was done,
did not retain (or pass on) an archive of their material when the office was
closed some time ago.

This work would therefore have to be done again. RNIB would only do this for
a UK resident. However, once done, it could (so I understand) be available
for export.

UK members of RNIB have a quota of free transcription and the K3 User Manual
would not exceed this quota. I've no idea what they would charge people to
import the manual.

So, much as I abhor waste, it seems that the way forward is for one of our
UK members to request this, so we can take it from there. I already have a
copy. Whilst I am sorely tempted to ask for a second copy, I'm not yet
feeling sufficiently disillusioned to run to that.

So, would anyone else in UK like a copy?

Cheers and 73,

Terry, GM3WUX

DESCRIBE ONLINE - IMPROVING ACCESS THROUGH INFORMATION

Terry Robinson B.Sc
82 Albert Rd.
Crosshill
Glasgow