From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 2015 10:35:00 -0400
The person who can tell you most about the FT450 is Mike, VO1AX. I use an
Ft950, which has a lot more menus and options than the 450. I have mostly
set things up and then left them alone. But I made up a chart of all the
menu numbers and what they control, and read enough instructions to find out
that pressing a particular button sets the selected item to a default value
which is also in the chart. If the 450 doesn't have a keypad for entering
frequencies, I would see why you might want software for programming the
rig. In the past I found that Ham Radio Deluxe was somewhat accessible, but
it didn't program everything, and relied on the mouse pointer of Window-Eyes
quite a bit. I think that Mike was also using HRD. Maybe I can help a little
more if I know what you are trying to accomplish.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com