Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Aug 2015 22:04:04 -0400
The 998 is $600.    The Palstar may be much better, but is 3 times the
price.   The 998 is rated  at legal limit.  I've put a KW to it with no
problems in 7 years.

It's as blind usable as any other piece of gear that doesn't talk, and
easier to use than a lot of other gear, especially with the interface to
the radio.

I would love to have antennas that are resonant on all bands and all
portions of  all bands, but  I'm not that lucky, so I use a tuner.

I have a solid state amp in the shack, and like yours, it is very
sensitive to  high swr.

If you only operate on a few bands, and your antennas are good at the
parts of the band you use, save your money.  If you need an external
tuner, this one should suit your needs.   Just hope you don't get one
that was built on a Monday, or during Mardi Gras.

73, Steve KW3A