From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 2015 16:38:09 +1200
Hi all!

Many thanks for all the responses.

They confirmed my belief, which I have subsequently verified as true to our
local consumer guarantees act.

Just highlight a couple particularly useful comments.

Thanks Howard. I did look into that, and happily, the information is
accessible.
Thanks Martin. The problem can probably ultimately be traced to a design
flaw from the manufacturer in how the power socket is connected to the
unit's main board.

The same folks did previous repairs and I paid for them willingly because
firstly, the unit was outside the warranty period, and second because the
repairs did appear to be effective in that the unit functioned normally
delivering good service that I expected for several months.

Thanks Ron; When the unit was returned to me following the most recent trip,
I could not detect any difference in behaviour from the time it went. I
exchanged Email with them, and told them I was unhappy with the job, because
the problem remained. They acknowledged that they didn't believe this would
be the end of the problem because they couldn't fix it again.

I've done nothing since other than to nurse the unit along, and got what
service I could out of it.

Today, I get what their email describes as an activity statement, which is
definitely a bill because the document indicates charges.

Thanks John; I do agree that a diagnostic charge might be reasonable
compensation, because their Email accepts my claim that the repair was not
effective, but I can let that happen as it should through the process
available to me

I'm now happy to close the thread. I'm not being unreasonable in my
expectation nor have they met the standard for satisfaction anticipated by
local consumer legislation.

73,
Dave
David Allen, Director
Blind-Sight Limited
For computer training and support world-wide, equipment or braille
production please contact me through any of the following ways:
Email: [log in to unmask]
Telephone: 64-3-455-7694 (Home)
64-27-224-5489 (Mobile)
PO Box 9046