From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2015 04:50:48 -0700
I don't know what it stands for, program something.
What it does is let you save radio configurations.  If you push the pm
button and then buttons on the bottom row, it goes to that
configuration.  Far left will say pm off and next pm one and so forth.
Once you have a configuration you want to save, you press function, pm
key, and then the key you want to assign to that, 1 through 5.  Bottom
goes  off, one, two, and so forth.

I think the default is changes you make are held.  There is a menu
choice, I forget where without looking, that turns this off.  I've done
this so if I mess something up, all I have to do is turn radio off and
then back on, it goes to last program configuration I was on.  If you
make changes you want to be permanent, just do function, pm key, and
number 1 or whatever.  It is a great feataure of this radio, you can set
voice volume, bands, power off and so forth.  All of these are saveable
under each configuration.  I have one of mine set, for example, to
monitor two uhf repeaters on band a and b.  I have another as default
which is 2 meters on a and 440 on b.  It is as simple as hitting pm key
and number 2.  Radio reboots and there you are.

Hope this makes sense.