From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 20:31:17 -0400
Mike and all:

In a recent conversation with the camp ground owner, who also helped me put
up the support ropes for the antenna, he told me that their electrical
system had to be totally revamped within the past year, due to a lightning
hit they took back in the Spring of 2014.

Although the fact that they took a lightning hit within the past year and a
half does not make me happy, at least hopefully the system is now up to
code, if it wasn't before.

Regarding connecting a ground wire between the ground screw on the TS480,
and the ground screw on the power supply, I had thought of doing that, but
there is no such ground screw on the Samlex switching supply I use out here.

I have done some testing of the antenna out here this afternoon, and so far,
no RFI.  However, I do have an interesting problem which I'll report in
another post with a relevant subject line.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ