From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2015 11:11:49 -0500
Glenn, again, to convert your Knight T-50 to include phone would not be cost effective at all. It was clearly not designed to be used that way. It takes much more than just a microphone. It takes some type of modulator. If you had a modulator, you would need a microphone to plug into the modulator. I don't think you can even purchase separate modulators any more like what you would need. I built one many years ago for another type of transmitter, and even back then, it cost me around $30 to build, and that was when the parts were readily available. Today, it is even difficult to purchase the parts you would need. My company, Millitronics, has trouble locating parts even to purchase in large quantities.

Glenn, that Knight transmitter you have has one very important, but pretty serious flaw in its design that you need to be aware of. When you plug the code key into the key jack, there is around 150 D C volts across the terminals of the key, and if you accidentally get your fingers or hand across those terminals, you will get a shock. It probably isn't enough to seriously hurt you, but it is enough to definitely get your attention.

Ron, K8HSY