From:
Eric Oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 2015 21:57:16 -0700
there are a couple of solutions I have tried to minimize RF in the shack. First, use a line isolator (a big one). The second, use about 10 clip on ferrite beads on the transmitter side of the line isolator. This will prevent RF from running back into the shack. Also, the Use of a tuner will help to clean up stray reactances and improve transmitter efficiency. Also, use any additional ferrite beads on the power leads for the radio and any other external connection to the radio. If you can, get some help installing some .01 pf caps on every device that is susceptible to RFI. I have had to do this with the room mates phone and computer. that was a chore, but well worth it.

-eric