Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2015 07:28:26 -0400
7bit
From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
I'm not sure when you were listening. Ten meters is much more a daytime band
than night-time. As we get further into the fall there should be some
openings, maybe a lot. There won't be as many or as solid as there were
during the last 4 years, because solar activity is going down toward in a
minimum in about 2019. In the United states, most of the beacons are on
28200 to 28300, but there are some from Canada, Mexico and other places
below 28200. It is also possible that your antenna doesn't work too well on
10. You'll have to see how well it does when the band opens up. Another
thing you can try with respect to 10 meters is to check the CB band and
frequencies around it to see whether it is only local stations or whether
you have signals coming in from other places as well. Don't give up on 10
meters. When it is open it is a lot of fun.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com