Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 2015 22:53:10 +1200
7bit
From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Gale!

I have previous owned the Zarez units for 2 meter and 70 cm.

Recently acquired a Baofeng UV5R. All of these hts are examples of the
Chinese HT ilk.

I could use the Zarez quite effectively, there is no speech feedback with
those units. The Baofeng UV5R is a dual band 2 m/70 cm transceiver that also
includes the FM broadcast band for monitoring purposes. Overall, the Baofeng
is better all the way around, and I'm very glad I snagged it when I did.

I can't praise it highly enough.

I've gotten other stuff from China that hasn't performed so well, but the
Baofeng HT is definitely high quality despite a peculiar keyboard design.
For example, the zero keypad is misplaced, but as long as you remember
oddities like that, it won't steer you off course.

73,
Dave