VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:22:28 -0700
Hi all,

I seem to get different word counts for a document right after I save.
This is more noticeable in large files, but it happens in smaller ones
as well. for example, my current document has 63,199 words. When I use
ctrl+s to save then use the status bar command to find out what my word
count is, Word might report 62,537 words or 62,065. It sometimes reports
one number, then the other a few seconds later. After 20 or 30 seconds,
it seems to settle on a number.

I thought this was a Word problem, but the times I've used NVDA, I seem
to get the same word count all the time. This doesn't make sense to me
since Jaws is only reading what presumably is on the screen.

Anyone have any theories about what's happening?

I'm using Word 2016 with current Jaws and current NVDA, but this problem
isn't at all new. I've noticed it since at least Word 2013.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]