From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 2015 16:31:58 -0400
Oh boy, a new toy!  You might also want to try  the MixW software John
uses, but I think it has a time limit on the trial version, so you might
want to  wait until you have the interface installed so you can get the
maximum amount of the free trial.

Have you tried playing the RTTY .wav files?   Download them from the
MMTTY site and install them.  Then start MMTTY and under the "file" drop
down menu,  play the .wav file.

A test message will play, and you can hear what RTTY sounds like.   Also
it will decode in the RX window of the program and you  will have the
unenviable task of getting your screen reader to  read it to you.

You really need to read all the docs for the software you have, as well
as the docs for the interface.    The SL comes with a little  Allen
wrench.     Remove the 4 screws from the front cover and  pull it out,
the circuit board will also come out.    Note which groove the board is
installed into, so you can put it back later.    Set the board on a book
to support it and install the jumper block into the header, then
reinstall the  board into the case.

Transmitting is going to be the easy part, it's the RX side that is a
pain.    In Digipan,  select the menu option "use arrows for seek" to
use the pc's arrow keys to jump to the next signal.     I'm not sure
what tuning procedures exist in MixW.   For RTTY, I narrow the filters
and slowly tune across the incoming signal until  JAWS starts speaking
something that makes sense.    With practice you will be able to dial it
in pretty close by ear, just listening to the RTTY tones .

Good luck, you have an  adventure ahead.

Steve KW3A