From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2015 17:05:50 -0500
Jim,
What you said here goes along with something I heard on the radio
recently.  It was a brief news item that someone's survey indicates
that thirty percent of persons contacted had not nor intended to meet
their neighbors.  That just amazed me.  With all of the social media,
guess actually meeting people is out of fashion.  When i grew up,
although God knows that was eons ago, the neighborhood was every kids
turf.  During the summer, from dawn to evening, all of us hung out
together and if you ran off the rails, any neighbors mom or dad could
call you on it.  Do that today and you'd have the cops and seven
lawyers all over you!!
i don't understand all the changes but I don't think i necessarily
approve of them.  Like that will make a difference.