From:
"John J. Jacques" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2015 12:15:17 -0700
Hi all, I use a G5RV Jr, wich is the size of a 40 meter dipole, and is as
much as I can fit into the available space here!  It works farely well on
20, but I have to use a tuner, as the SWR is aproximently 7 to 1, and it
works very well on 40, but again, I need a tuner, because the SWR is 12
to 1.  The internal tuner will tune it on 20, but not 40.  I just checked
for grins and giggles, and the SWR on 10 is 1.6 to 1.  I don't usually
use it, as my A 99 has a 1.0 to 1 SWR, and many of us locally are
vertically polarized, but I could if I had to.  Mine is probably in the
worst configuration, it is an inverted V, about 20 feet at the center,
and 6 or 7 feet at each end!  I wish I had room for a full size one, just
to see how it would, but being in a mobile home park, I am lucky to have
up what I do.  Besides the G5RV Jr, and the A 99, I have 2 dual band
verticals, a 2 meter ground plane, a 220 vertical and a 6 meter
vertical!Does anyone have any ideas for something on 160?  GRIN!

73:
John

John Jacques
Amateur Radio Station: KD8PC