VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2014 03:36:48 -0400
	Hi all,
I haven’t written because in the last 2 weeks, what a huge change of events!
The last time I wrote to you all, I thought I had my windows 7 laptop fixed. Well, that next Saturday night, I was doing some work, and all the sudden, Microsoft wanted to give me a huge update, so, I accepted it.
Well, after it updated, it wanted to restart, like it usually does, so, I said, “sure, go ahead.”
Well, what a nightmare. It did update, but then it just sat there, and I didn’t know what it was doing for a long, long time. So, I did a hard shirt down, and restarted the computer, but what a mess. Jaws started, but then, it just kept rebooting and rebooting, over and over, again.
I said, enough with Windows! I had it with all it’s updates, and its quirks, and now this rebooting after getting a microsoft update.
So, I called my friend Larry, and asked him, “You still got that Mac Minni you wanted to give to me?”
“I sure do”, he said.”
“I am ready for it,” I said.
So, last Saturday, a week ago, it was delivered to me, and I haven’t looked back!
I haven’t had lockups and freeze ups, and programs running in the background which use to slow down my typing, and the Alex voice, which actually takes a breath, when he’s reading, so it sounds like a person, in Voice Over, is incredible.
I’m doing email now, both reading and originating emails.
I’ve haven the time of my life.
Right now, I’m on my blue tooth keyboard, in my bedroom, just sitting here, typing this to y’all.
It’s so nice to use a built in screen reader that does everything I could possibly want.
So, who knows where I’ll go from here, but I’m looking forward to my next step.
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]