From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 2015 19:17:50 -0400
Steve:

Darn!  I should have tried to check into the round table this afternoon from
out here at the RV.

But, band conditions were very strange.

I  had hoped to play a bbit in the Ohio QSO Party, but actually could hear
as many out of state stations calling CQ compared to Ohio stations.

The band was obviously rather long, which meant that I might have had the
chance of you hearing me.

I just checked 40 meters a few minutes ago, and, although there was a lot of
noise on the bband, there were very few signals all around.  I could hear
our friend Paul (N4PN) calling CQ for the Ohio QSO Party on 40 meter SSB,
but couldn't hear any Ohio stations coming back to him, even though he was
acknowledging calls.  Very strange.

I'm still not convinced that my antenna instalation is that great here,
since the DXCC only tunes up on 40 meters, for the reasons I described
earlier in the summer.

May actually have a ham friend out here tomorrow to take a look at other
options, if the rain holds off long enough.

I think we are going to keep our RV here all winter, which we have the
option to do, so may not have to take the antenna down when camping season
ends in mid October.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ