From:
Don Breda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2015 06:40:49 -0400
Hi Mike.

I have an ldg at1000pro.

I like it pretty well but the mfj is a more accessible tuner.

With the 1000pro you don't have a good reliable way of knowing whether
autoTune is on or off.

Forcing full tune cycles also takes some guesswork  since there is no
beeper in the tuner.

Having said that I use it all the time pretty well but sometimes I find
myself jumping to another band then the one I really  want to operate on
to see if it tunes or not so I know whether I have turned autoTune on or
off and so I make it tune on the band I want to use since I may not
remember where it was tuned up for the last time I used the radio.

I would go for the mfj since its easy to tell when functions are engaged
and when there not.

The only thing that concerns me  is mfj's poor quality control.

I would buy one new so you have a warrantee behind you.

MFJ does make good on their products should you need to send it back due
to a defect.

Its just a shame that you may have to go through that kind of inconvenience.

This is not to say that your gonna get one out of the box and have a
problem but it is a bit more likely with mfj then with ldg.

Don

w a 2 i w c